Quintessential Italy: Knowing Deeply Where You Are!
Central Italy in the Umbria Region heading south to Puglia
October 1st- 14th 2021, 14 Days. Can be longer or shorter, whatever feels like the best length for a restorative, immersive Well-Being vacation.
- Admirers of Italian architecture, art, history, culture, food, and wine
- Travelers who enjoy immersing themselves and a relaxed pace
Frenetic pace is gone! You’ve always loved Italy and yearned to garner a sense of place without the hassle and narrow focus on touristic “Best Of’s”. This vacation lets you truly see and get to know the richness of Italy.
You want to touch Italy with your senses and feel like you’re not just a visitor but rather a local guest. Although there are lots to see and do, you want to appreciate each stop, learn about Italy’s culture and history and experience it through all types of activities.
When the trip is over you’ll know clearly what to bring back with you, the forever memories and how to say “Che Bello” (“How Lovely”) about life
The Umbria region including Todi, Deruta, Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Norcia, Spoleto, Rasiglia; the Puglia region including: Lecce, Ostuni, Savelletri di Fasano, Alberobello, Monopoli, Polignano a Mare.
Accommodations remind you where you are and offer unique experiences in themselves including: a 16th-century farmhouse that blends Apulian pride with contemporary luxury (40 guestrooms, 4 nights); A 17th-century villa within ancient city walls as a serene urban retreat with lush gardens (16 chic guest rooms, 3 nights); a 16th-century palace oozing period charm with original antiques, luxurious linens and 21st-century comforts (24 guest rooms; 3 nights); Nestled on 50 acres, a gothic revival chateau and estate (55 rooms; 3 nights)
INCLUDED SAMPLE EXPERIENCES (and more)
Every trip is customizable! This is a sample list of what’s included:
- Breakfast- taste the espresso now!
- Daily visits to local towns with a proud local guide
- A visit to a majolica workshop (tin-glazed earthenware) with designs from the 6th Century
- White wine sampling in Orvieto
- With your very own master chef guide learn the secrets of la cucina Pugliese
- Join the Piermarini family for an authentic Umbrian truffle experience in the lush Valnerina countryside at their family-run farm
- Experience the “little Umbrian Venice”, a magical ancient small village
- Become familiar with The Florence of the South by visiting private residences and charming artisanal workshops
- Taste the local wines, like the full-bodied reds Negroamaro or Primitivo through visiting some vineyards
- Explore the Baroque city of Lecce on two wheels
- Start your evening with an aperitif of The White City
- Not to be missed UNESCO World Heritage Site of Alberobello, home to over 1,000 of Puglia’s iconic trulli cottages
- Did we mention that there’s leisure and free time, too?
- 24 hours Assistance during your trip with our astute local contacts
- Reading material about Italy as well as recommended restaurants
ASK ME ABOUT EXTRAS
Before arriving in Umbria
- Spend a night or two at a luxury resort and spa located on a 1st-century Roman road just steps from historic Ostia Antica. The property is surrounded by centuries-old trees and fragrant plants.
- Add in a spa service, such as the holistic massage, when staying at the Palazzo Seneca
- Give yourself a treat, the Olive Oil Body ritual at the Rocco Forte Spa, inspired by the rich landscape of Southern Italy
DID YOU KNOW?
As you can tell from reviewing this itinerary “Umbria is known for its landscapes, traditions, history, culinary delights, artistic legacy, and influence on culture.”
How about the language? “Before the Roman age, the language of Umbria was Umbrian. Every region of Italy had its own distinctive dialect, and this language was one of the Italian languages that had ties to both Latin and Oscan.”
This trip is LOCAL and directly benefits the local economy. From intimate accommodations and tours as a visitor, you’re contributing to the economic life of those who love the region and earn their living sharing it.
Our travel partner, IC Bellagio, knows and “lives” Italy, deeply. You’re in thoughtful hands.
Starting at $30,857 (for two people, double occupancy)
Prices are based on availability and current pricing at the time of quoting the itinerary.