January 9-20, 2022 (12 days) are the ideal dates.
Alternative options available, including experiencing the Solar Eclipse, Nov. 23-Dec. 8th, 2021 departure (16 days).
Voyage Rates: $14,485 per person double occupancy in a Balcony Stateroom C
You have a passion for adventure, most sports, exploring wild places and you care for our planet earth. You enjoy sharing experiences near and far with friends and family- this is a fantastic destination for multigenerational family travel.
Work hard, play hard. Build Life Memories!
The White Continent is like no place else on earth. There’s a reason it’s been on your list for a long time. The beauty is almost indescribable. The wildlife is abundant, varied, and unique. The only way to visit is on a small expedition ship in the company of highly trained specialists: marine biologists, geologists, historians, outdoor experts.
You’ve read about it in National Geographic. You devoured books about Shackelton and now it’s your turn to be the pioneer.
The voyage departs and returns to Ushuaia, Argentina, the southernmost city on earth, crossing Drake’s Passage. You’ll visit the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic peninsula with Zodiac visits, shore excursions and perhaps some cruising of the narrow dramatic straits separating offshore islands from the mainland.
- Search for orcas and minke whales in the icy bays
- Enjoy lectures on wildlife, the environment, and history of the region and Antarctica
- Did we mention the array of photography opportunities?
- Zodiac cruising and trips ashore, striving to spend as much time on land as possible
- Observe busy penguin colonies building their nests, and perhaps catch a glimpse of penguin chicks as they hatch
- Join the exclusive polar plunge club and dive into the beautiful antarctic waters
- Step foot on the continent of Antarctica. If you want to be a member of the 7-Continent Club, this is the jewel in the collection.
THE SHIP – The Sylvia Earle
132 passengers and 70 cabins; 8 years build State of the Art ship launching in 2021.
ASK ME ABOUT EXTRAS
- Off-piste skiers can shush the snowy mountains past penguin rookeries;
- Experienced scuba divers can swim with leopard seals;
- Mountain climbers can scale the peaks of South Georgia in the footsteps of Ernest Shackleton;
- Sea kayak and or snowshoe across the frozen tundra;
- Before or after your Antarctica voyage
- Trek in Patagonia
- Try out Tango lessons in Buenos Aires
- Spend a few nights in Santiago, Argentina
- If you have the time, add a visit to the incomparable Sub Antarctic islands of South Georgia and the Falklands.
DID YOU KNOW?
Antarctica is “the contradiction between the dry climate and the amount of water (70% of the water on Earth). This continent is the driest place on the planet.”
Aurora Expeditions is the World Travel Awards’ “2020 World’s Leading Polar Expedition Operator“. They are committed to “travelling respectfully and providing “a trip of a lifetime” experience while aiming to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of our planet and the diverse places we visit around the world.” Practices include:
- State-of-the-art engines deliver an 80% reduction in emissions;
- Reduced fuel consumption because of the revolutionary Ulstein X-BOW® which cuts through swells, reducing vibrations and making quicker transits through waves;
- Ships utilise marine gas oil rather than diesel.
- Learn more about onboard and onshore environmental practices HERE.
So little of the ocean has actually ever been explored! Now it’s your time to be The Explorer, cherishing and respecting this dramatic, rarely visited, part of the planet.
$14,485 per person double occupancy in a Balcony Stateroom C.
Alternative categories available