Slow Down and Smell the Flowers
Charleston to Augusta
Trip are in Sept., Oct., Nov. (2021)- Go Private! or Apr., May, Sept. Oct. 2022 (Five nights, Six Days)
Friends, Couples, Solos ( or your Bridge group, Garden Club, Dinner Club, Biking cohorts, college roommates)
There’s a depth to the Southern style in person and the sense of place. No one entertains like a Southerner with the warmest hospitality imaginable. The architecture and ease of the “Low Country” combined with a variety of Active Adventures is the perfect combination for a memorable soothing vacation.
“Live Your Adventure” & “Go Active” is the apt description of this premier bike touring company. Top-rated, charming properties (one on the National Historic Landmark Distric) included along the way. The pace is gentle yet deliberate. Nothing too strenous. We “make tracks” in the most relaxed “wide-open road” way, from one town, site, park to the next.
- Amble, paddle, luxuriate, bike, walk, cycle, whirlpool, eat repeat!
- Walk Savannah’s wisteria-scented squares, oak-lined avenues and secret alleys
- Pass through a tunnel of ancient oak trees as you enter Wormsloe Plantation
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride into downtown Bluffton
- Bike from historic Penn Center through a lush semitropical forest of twisted palm trees to the beach at gorgeous Hunting Island State Park
- Over a Low Country boil, learn about the unique language, songs and traditions of the Gullah community—descendants of West African slaves whose cultural heritage has been preserved for generations.
AND, of course: All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners; Expertise and services of experienced Trip Leaders; Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other attractions; Special events; The bikes and even more!
ASK ME ABOUT EXTRAS
- Spend a few more days in Charleston, revelling in its history, gardens and charm.
- Arrive a few days early and “acclimate” in Augusta.
- Meet the owner of an organic make-up company and enjoy a personal style review!
- Start in Sea Island, Georgia for a few days at the beach and then drive the coast to Savannah.
Starting at $4,099 double occupancy