Grand Wine Estates and Michelin Stars of Bordeaux and the Dordogne region of France
Five Nights & Six Days
- Singles, Couples, Friends That like to Bike and Be
- Active (and wash the activities down with the world’s best wines)
- Foodies and Wine Enthusiasts
- People who love everything French!
For many 2020 was a tough year, including cancellations of Life Dream trips. For my husband and me this included a dream to bike through Bordeaux with Backroads. Honestly it doesn’t get better than this: outside, biking from village to village and vineyard to vineyard, fresh air, delicious cuisine, wine tasting and all just for fun!
“Travel through time across the French countryside by bike. In Dordogne, swans and boats glide along the meandering river as you ride on shore. Quiet hamlets rest among walnut groves. Next there’s Bordeaux, with the World Heritage site of St-Émilion. A grapevine-laden land graced with superb routes, noble châteaux and world-famous vineyards.”
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- Use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
Includes Virtuoso benefits such as breakfast, early /late check-in, upgrade, based on availability. Incredible beautiful hotels, so many meals, including the famous Backroad picnic, impromptu moments (need to stop at a cafe enroute?); Dinners at three Three Michelin Star restaurants; Untouched natural beauty; Exclusive properties that you won’t every forget; lots of variety if you want to switch out biking on a day or two; Chateus, caves, local families, Roman ruins, wine experts, and also a St. Emilion tour. This is a Classic French trip!
Trip price begins at $4999 for double occupancy
ASK ME ABOUT ADD-ONS
- Spend a few nights in Paris before biking (includes Virtuoso benefits such as breakfast, early /late check-in, upgrade, based on availability)
- Restore and acclimate to Bordeaux before the biking trip for two nights at a beloved wine estate known for its cuisine, spa and gentle activities ((includes Virtuoso benefits such as breakfast, early /late check-in, upgrade, based on availability)
- Want to check out another Food and Wine destination after your trip? Head to San Sebastian, Spain on the northern coast.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Bordeaux is the most famous wine region in the world
- E-Bikes absolutely available
KNOW THE GIVE BACK
Backroads is about “Travel Without A Trace” and while clients are on the road and in the communities, the Trip Leaders take care to be very careful of the environment and people who live in it. In addition the company is steeped in supporting communities throughout the world. Click HERE to learn more.